Having visited Marbella or Costa del Sol, you may have considered having a second home in this beautiful location, where you could come for holidays or live long-term? There are many possibilities, depending on your budget and work and family requirements.
You may wish to buy a small beach side apartment where you could spend summer and winter holidays? Or would like to continue working overseas while your family will be living in Marbella permanently? In any case, when moving, especially to a new country, there are a number of issues that need to be considered and resolved, from obtaining the correct visa to buying or renting a home.
Our website will help you to find information about moving to Spain and life in Marbella, and we are happy to provide our recommendations regarding any professional services that you might need, from schools to doctors and more.
If you are a citizen of the European Union, the transition to the life in Spain is smoother than for the citizens of USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China and Russia.
The most important matters that need to be considered when moving to Spain as as follows:
- Obtaining Residency in Spain
- Obtaining Residency in Spain under the Golden Visa Category
- Obtaining NIE Card
- Extending Residency
- Registering a purchase of property
- Obtaining a bank loan and registering a mortgage
- Making a Will
- Taxation matters
- Translations and Notarised Documents
- Finding a property in the Costa del Sol
- Purchase of property
- Short-term and Long-term rentals
- Connecting utility services
- Opening a bank account
- International Schools in Marbella
- Sport and activities for children
- Learning Spanish
- Driving schools and getting a driver’s licence in Spain
- Renting a car
- Purchasing a car
- Importing a car
- health insurance
- home and content insurance
- car insurance